eCommerce is at the center of the digital age. Many businesses are turning to eCommerce marketplaces and multichannel selling because of the power of these marketplaces. Selling on multiple marketplaces has many incredible benefits for your business, but it can be intimidating to move toward multichannel eCommerce. Learn more about how to leverage the power of marketplaces and search engines to grow your eCommerce business, and how MobilityeCommerce can help.
The Power of Online Marketplaces
Marketplaces can help you expand your business. Amazon, one of the top eCommerce marketplaces, has over 290 million customer accounts worldwide. When you sell on Amazon, you put your products and brand in front of their huge customer base. Even if you have your own online store as well, you can leverage the power of popular marketplaces to reach more customers.
These existing marketplaces have high website traffic. When you sell on marketplaces like eBay and amazon, you are exposed to this traffic without additional effort. You can also reach customers all over the world and increase your global presence. Customers in another state or country may not be familiar with your brand, but trust the shopping experience in a well-established marketplace. Therefore, they will be more willing to try your brand because you are available on those marketplaces. If these new customers enjoy your product and service, they will remember and seek out your brand in the future.
Online marketplaces are also a great way to expand your business and test your business. Setting up on a third-party marketplace is usually fairly simple and inexpensive, making it an ideal new revenue stream. If you do not already sell online, you can test your products in an existing marketplace to see how your business performs before fully investing in your own eCommerce site. MobilityeCommere offers unparalleled integrations with Amazon and eBay so you can seamlessly integrate and manage your store with these markets.
Top Marketplaces to Consider
The benefits of online marketplaces are clear and exciting. However, there are increasing options for marketplaces. Below are some of the top options for online marketplaces that you can leverage for your business.
- Amazon: Amazon is the #1 eCommerce marketplace in the United States, and is also a top e-retailer in Canada, Mexico, and Europe. Amazon has a strong reputation and a large customer base. It is easy to join the Amazo marketplace, and you can take advantage of Amazon’s tools like Fulfillment by Amazon.
- eBay: eBay was formerly just an auction site, but it has transformed into a powerful marketplace. eBay is a strong competitor to Amazon, but while Amazon sells its own goods, eBay offers a vessel for retailers and brands to sell.
- Newegg: Newegg specializes in hardware and software, but this marketplace has over 10.5 million products on it.
Walmart: Walmart now has a marketplace available as well. Walmart allows third-party sellers in over 35 product categories to sell on their marketplace. While the Walmart marketplace is growing in popularity, it is still smaller than behemoths like Amazon.
- Rakuten: Rakuten launched in the U.S. in 2013 and soon after expanded worldwide. It is the largest eCommerce marketplace in Japan and is growing around the world.
The Role of Search Engines and How to Boost SEO
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is critical for gaining traffic to your product pages. An astounding 51% of website traffic comes from organic search results, so it is imperative that your own eCommerce site and product pages on marketplaces have strong SEO. People are not only searching for products on Google. In fact, Amazon has 54% of product searches, so it is critical to consider SEO for your Amazon listings. Some tips for boosting your Amazon SEO include:
- Include the most relevant keywords in your product title. The title should contain
- Your brand name
- What the product does
- A key ingredient or material
- The color
- The size
- Quantity when applicable
- Fill out backend keywords. Do not repeat words, avoid quotes and commas, and include variations of spelling and synonyms.
- Use natural, convincing copy for your product description and organize it into bullet points. Explain the benefits of your products, features, ingredients, and dimensions. Make sure to include the important keywords in a natural way as well.
- Stick within the average price range for similar items, otherwise, the Amazon algorithm may lower your search ranking.
- Use high-quality images that are 1,000 pixels or larger.
- Reviews matter for your Amazon ranking and conversion. Encourage honest reviews with a follow-up email, and work to address any issues in negative reviews.
Simplify Multichannel Selling
In order to leverage the power of eCommerce marketplaces and SEO, you will need an easy way to manage multiple marketplaces. MobilityeCommerce offers unparalleled integration with over 50 of the world’s top marketplaces, including eBay, Amazon, Rakuten, Walmart, Newegg, and more. Seamlessly integrate and automate your entire business workflow, inventory, and pricing while reaching more customers around the globe. To learn more about how MobilityeCommerce will help your business effectively utilize the top marketplaces, visit our website HERE.